Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Procrastinators Unite...Tomorrow

Well, I have put off this job for far too long, and what was once just a little mess is now a BIG mess. My basement has become unmanageable and it's high time I do something about it.  I always gently explain to my kids (while trying hard to keep the screech out of my voice) that it's much easier to clean up a mess while it is small instead of letting it grow for weeks and weeks.

Of course, when it comes to the basement, I have trouble taking my own advice.  I have been procrastinating.  It is very easy to ignore something when it's not in your face every day. 

However, I now have major motivation to declutter and clean the basement, thanks to my son.  He called the basement his "man cave". Say what!!  He's 12!  It's not a man cave!  It's a family movie room and a craft room, and it's up to me to make sure it stays that way- for a few more years at least!  My son and his guy friends can hang out in the basement whenever they want, but I do want it to be a space where we all feel comfortable.  They don't mind the mess at all, but I do.

I'll show you a quick peek of what lies ahead of (or, in this case, beneath) me. You have to promise though to look at this picture for a maximum of 2 seconds- no studying the mess! Okay?

This is only one corner of clutter.  There are others.



I'll be underground for a few days. Let the phone ring a couple of extra times when you call me this week- it's going to take me some time to actually find the phone before I can answer it!